Welcome to the 2016-17 school year at St. Mary’s Prep! We look forward to an exciting and challenging academic year. We thank you for your support of St. Mary’s and the excellent academic and faith-based education provided for your children. We have been working on developing a new email system for the school which would allow us to send information directly to you. We are conducting a second test of the system to be sure that everyone is receiving our email.
Some updates to share:
- Our gym restoration project is completed and the gym looks fabulous! We look forward to the children coming into the updated gym on Tuesday. We will have a formal ribbon cutting ceremony on Monday, September 12, 2016 at 8:30AM. We will invite the Mayor, Fr. Martin ,Fr. Richard, Sister Joan, and the gym restoration committee led by Bob Dyer and Brian Blaber. We will have several students wearing outfits that represent the many activities that we use the gym for including: basketball, gym, dance, drama and cheerleading.
- Our new laptops and Chromebooks have arrived. The laptops will be in the computer lab and the Chromebooks will be used in the middle school.
- We would like to welcome, Mrs. Dawn Klaar, who will be working as a coordinator assisting the bookkeeper with online school information , our new e-mail system and will be responsible for all registrations and changes in that process. She can be reached at 973-627-8276.
- This past summer, our previous accountant had reviewed our before and after care bills and to minimize inconsistencies in times, recommended that we create a fee schedule that has several flat fees. With the change of accountants during the summer, we waited for our new person to review our billing processes. Our bookkeeper, Deirdre Aversa, may be reached at 973-627-0269 ext. 816. We have tried to make before and after care a safe and convenient place for your children. We apologize for any late notice. Our fee structure will be: Before Care: $5.00 for each child from 7:00- 8:00AM
$10.00 for an additional child from 3:15 -6:00PM
$10.00 for first child from 3:15 – 4:45PM
$5.00 for each additional child from 3:15-4:45PM
$7.00 for each child who comes after an activity approx. 4:30 -6:00PM.
Late fee – after 6:00PM (exceptions for traffic, weather, emergencies) $15.00
You will continue to be billed monthly.
5. Please download our updated Student/Parent Handbook which will be on our website early next week, review with your child, print the last page and return the signed handbook compliance agreement to your child’s teacher.
6. We will come together as a faith community on Friday, September 9th for 10:00 Mass. The teachers will lead the liturgy and we will keep you informed when each grade will be leading us at liturgy.
7. Just a reminder that Back to School Night is Tuesday, September 13th at 7:00PM in our gym. After meeting together in the gym, you will have the opportunity to visit with your child’s teacher(s). We ask that this evening be for parents only.
Our school is vibrant because of the support of our parents, staff, parents, students and parish. The spirit of commitment to our school and Catholic education is alive and well at St. Mary’s Prep. Together we can provide strong academic standards in a faith-based learning community.
Communication with parent is a vital link in our school. If you have any questions, please reach out to our staff or myself. My email is email@example.com.
Best Wishes for a wonderful and safe holiday weekend. We will be sending the opening day packet home with your child early next week. We ask God’s blessings on all of us for the coming year.
Margaret McCluskey, Ed.D.