Schedule of Events
Sunday, January 29 ~ Faith, Knowledge, and Service in our Parish
- Opening of Catholic Schools Week – Opening liturgy – 10:00 a.m. Students will participate in the liturgy. Please have your children wear their uniforms to Mass and sit in front reserved pews.
- Open House – 9:00-1:00 p.m. Refreshments will be available in the cafeteria.
- Eighth Grade Student Ambassadors, along with parents, will conduct the tours.
Monday, January 30 ~ Faith Knowledge, & Service in our Family
- Participate in school-wide family tree.
- Students write notes to parents why their family is special and share with families.
- Door decorating contest – Theme: “What the Catholic Faith Means to Me.” There will be a class breakfast for the class who wins the contest.
Tuesday, January 30 ~ Faith, Knowledge, & Service to our Faculty/Staff & Alumni
- Alumni Day – 8:30-10:30 continental breakfast & tours by Student Ambassadors. The staff will have breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Alumni will visit classrooms and will answer questions from students about their student experiences when they attended school. Students will prepare questions.
- For our staff, fruit, bagels, and cookies will be served. A “supply bar” of school supplies for the staff will be made available.
Wednesday, February 1 ~ Faith, Knowledge, & Service in our Community & Religious
Volunteers from the parish and community will be honored at the morning assembly and presented with a certificate and flowers.
- Bring cookies to sisters at Assumption College.
- Thank you notes to priests, pastoral associate, deacons.
- Open House – 5:00-7:00 p.m. – Parents and Student Ambassadors to assist with tours.
- Crazy Sock Day – Students can wear crazy socks or their SMP socks. Donations are requested to be sent to Catholic Charities.
Thursday, February 2 ~ Faith, Knowledge, & Service to our Students
- Snow date for alumni breakfast.
- Ice cream sundaes for student appreciation.
- Students are to wear their favorite sports jersey or the colors of a team represented in this year’s Super Bowl.
- Older students to read to younger students.
Friday, February 3 ~ Faith, Knowledge, & Service to our Nation
- Students are to wear Spiritwear or the colors red, white, & blue.
- Students will make Valentines for veterans to be sent to Congressman Frelinghuysen.
- Grades 8A vs. 8B volleyball game at 2:00 p.m. in the gymnasium. Parents are welcome to attend. Faculty members will be playing on both teams.
Saturday, February 4 ~ Super Bowl Social & Super Cash Raffle Drawing, 7:00-10:00 PM
- $10.00/person or $15.00 at the door or gift card donation to our annual Tricky Tray or a bottle of wine donation (min. $15.00). The second Annual Chili Cook Off will also be held. Prizes given to First, Second, and Third Places. There will be a Super Bowl pool, corn hole tournament, live entertainment, and other adult-friendly games. Snacks and beer will be provided. Attendees must be over 21 to attend. Please see the flyer that was sent home for additional information.
- Throughout the week, students will participate in the following:
- Souper Bowl – Donate a can of soup to Social Services. Make everyone “souper” involved. Donations will be accepted throughout the week.
- Each morning at school prayer, student leaders will focus the prayer on the Catholic Schools Week theme for the day.